What are functional foods enriched with collagen?
Foods enriched with collagen are another example of functional foods that are gaining popularity. Collagen is a protein that is naturally found in the body, providing structure to bones, skin, and other tissues. As we age, our body’s ability to produce collagen decreases, leading to the formation of wrinkles, joint pain, and other age-related conditions.
Consuming foods that are enriched with collagen, such as collagen supplements or bone broth, can help boost the body’s natural production of collagen. This can help improve skin elasticity, joint mobility, and bone density. In addition, collagen has been shown to improve gut health by strengthening the intestinal lining and promoting healthy digestion.
While more research is needed to fully understand the benefits of collagen-enriched foods, early studies suggest that they may be a useful addition to a healthy diet. Collagen supplements are available in various forms, including powders, gummies, and drinks, making them a convenient and accessible option for those looking to incorporate more functional foods into their diet.
What products are there?
There are many different types of collagen products available in the market today, each with its own unique formulation and delivery method. Some common types of collagen products include:
- Collagen powders: These are one of the most popular types of collagen supplements and are typically derived from bovine, marine, or chicken sources. They can be added to food or drinks and are easy to incorporate into a daily routine.
- Collagen capsules: These are another common type of collagen supplement and are taken orally like a traditional vitamin or supplement. They often contain a specific type of collagen, such as type I or type II.
- Collagen drinks: These are pre-mixed drinks that contain collagen and other ingredients that are designed to promote skin, joint, or bone health. They are often flavored and can be a convenient and tasty way to consume collagen.
- Collagen creams: These are topical products that are designed to be applied to the skin to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They often contain other ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid or vitamin C, that are thought to boost collagen production.
- Collagen gummies: These are a newer type of collagen supplement that are becoming increasingly popular. They are often flavored and contain a small amount of collagen along with other ingredients like vitamins and minerals.
It is important to note that the effectiveness of collagen supplements can vary depending on the type of collagen used, the dose, and the delivery method. Consumers should look for products that have been tested for safety and efficacy, and consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new supplement regimen.
At FUTURE DELI.CO we have a number of products containing collagen: